Cycling distance target for 2020 - December update

 Assalamualaikum,

This will be my last update for the year. My target to cycle 3000km within this year turns out to be a success. As of today (31st December 2020), I manage to cover a total of 3,917km. Up until 30th July this year, I was only at 1,221km. It was hard work, plenty of perseverance and tonnes of fun in trying to add those extra 2,696km in the last 5 months. I am lucky enough to be working from home, which allowed me to go out cycling even on work days. Not having to drive to work in the morning was a blessing. I spent that time cycling instead.

Below is my Strava's latest statistics. Referring to the this year distance number, that is my distance covered for the year. To be honest, I was pushing hard to hit 4,000km. It was close, but in the end I ran out of time and ran out of luck. I was sick on the 26th and 27th December. I was in bed on both days, nursing my flu and fever. I planned to go for long rides on both days, trying to hit that 4,000km. But it was not to be. It's ok. I had a blast this year. To hit 3,000km is great, and getting near to 4,000km is the cherry on the cake.

Below are pictures of my trusted steeds. All 3 of them held up well throughout the year. No mechanical issue at all, except for a few tire blowouts. A big shout out to all three, my flatbar roadbike Merida Speeder 400 (named Emily Jean Stone), my mountain bike Merida Matts 40 (named Murron) and finally my folding bike Dahon Vigor D9 (named Emma).  







What will be my target for 2021? I'm leaning towards adding an extra 1,000km to make it 4,000km for next year. I think it can be done. But I do plan to slot in more rest days. It will be hard to sustain cycling distance of 100km to 150km week after week like what I did in the last couple of months. I might aim for lower weekly distance instead. That is something for me to plan out. Let see what 2021 will throw at me.

That's all folks. Thank you for dropping by this blog. 

Happy new year to all. I sincerely wish that 2021 will be better than this year.

Comments