Cycling distance target for 2020 - September update

 Assalamualaikum,

This is a short update on my cycling progress for the year. My target is to cycle 3000km within this year.

So, how I did since my last update back in July? Up until 30th July, I cycled 1,221 km. Fast forward to today (2nd October), I am now at 2,175 km. I covered 954 km in the last 2 months. Averaging close to 119 km per week. Looking at this current rate, I might be able to cover 3500 km by the end of the year. That will be an extra 500 km from my original target. But I am not getting carried away with my current progress, the aim is still to get to 3000 km. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

To be honest, I am getting terribly tired. To hit 100++ km week after week is hard work! I need more rest days, especially after those long rides during the weekends. But, being outside, cruising along those beautiful country roads is a good motivator. Addicted. It is hard, but I love it a lot!


Below is my Strava's statistics. Refer to Year-to-date distance, that is where I'm at right now. 825 km to go. Feeling positive that I can get it done. Unless of course the whole country goes into another round of lockdown. It can happen, Covid-19 cases has been extremely high in the last couple of days. I guess, I have to wait and see.

That's all folks. Short sharing for today. Stay tune for more updates.

Comments