Hong Kong's concrete jungle

This will be my second post on Hong Kong. I hope that it won't be the last, because I really wish that I can visit Hong Kong again. You can view my first post which covers specifically on a light show called "A Symphony of Light" from the link here.

As you know from my first post, I was not in Hong Kong for a holiday, it was for a business trip. So, time was not on my side. I was not able to explore Hong Kong in it's entirety. What I can share is a few snaps of Hong Kong which was taken on a beautiful and pleasant Sunday (9th Dec 2012). Check in at the hotel was done at around 1:00 pm and by 1:30 pm I was already out on the streets. I only got back to the hotel at 10:00 pm! Trying hard to maximize my time there. I suffered leg cramps for the next two days! Hahahaha....


That is a view from the hotel that i was staying in. It was the Cosmopolitan Hotel. What you are seeing there is the Happy Valley Race course.


And that is another view from the hotel. Nice huh! The rate for a night stay was roughly RM900 (after conversion from HK Dollar of course!). Looking at the size of the room and facilities that they have, I'll say that it was expensive. In Malaysia, for RM900 I can be lounging in a 5 stars hotel like the Rasa Sayang in Penang or Tanjung Rhu Resort in Langkawi (plan to blog on the awesome Tanjung Rhu Resort in a couple of weeks...so stay tune). But of course, comparing hotel prices in Hong Kong with the ones in Malaysia is like comparing a VW with a Proton. So don't bother..




Those are pictures of the room. Basic, nothing to shout about. Very clean though.


.....and that is the minibar. You'll get the customary tea bags, coffee and mineral water.


That is me...there is nothing to do inside an elevator. It is a long ride from the 17th (or is it 20th floor?..well i do not remember), so i kept busy by snapping a picture of myself..


On the subway, heading to Central. Extremely clean. Can you spot how many people are on their phones?


Apple store! A proper Apple store. Not Switch. The first time I'd been in one. Awesome facilities. I forgot to take a picture of the signature glass staircase. Too busy ogling the recently launched iPhone 5 and iPad mini.


Remember the old Jackie Chan movie? Then you should know what are those. The iconic Hong Kong taxis! Looks better in real life.


Trying to find a I Love Hong Kong t-shirt. Prowling the street for a bargain.


Boarding the Star Ferry from Central to Tsim Sha Tsui to catch the "A Symphony of Light" show.


Do you notice the wooden back rest? The back rest can be swing from right to left so that you can decide which direction you will face while in the ferry.


Crossing Victoria Harbour...Love the view. Very calming.


A very colourful Star Ferry.


Spotted a Star Cruises. They sure travel far...


At Tsim Sha Tsui. Try to spot a giant teddy bear...and dolphins jumping out of the water. Manage to find them?



....waiting for the light show to start.



....back at the hotel. Night view pics from my hotel room.

Well, I wish I was there longer...and as a tourist and not for business. I know there are lots more places of interest there in HK. But for the time being, I only have this to share.

Comments