Peace, love and crabs - dining at Joe's Crab Shack

Assalamualaikum,

I honestly do not know how to start writing this latest post. I’d been staring at my laptop and my iPad for the last 3 days and still no result. Nothing, zero, kosong. Today is my fourth day and if nothing comes out of it, I’ll just ignore it and will write on something else instead. Ok, let’s start.


I was born and raised in this beautiful state up north in West Malaysia. We lived roughly 30 minutes away from the sea...by car of course. One good thing about that is that we can get non-stop supply of fresh seafood. Well, I might be wrong there. It is actually weather dependent. Monsoon season will see a drop of seafood supply. It is too dangerous to venture out to sea at that time. I'm not going to write about the weather, but will write about my love of eating seafood. Personally, I love lobster and crab. When I was still a cute 7 year old, I remembered that my father brought home live lobster for us to feast on. He placed the lobster inside a plastic bucket and my brother, sister and I will spend a lot of our time gazing into the bucket, watching intensely how the lobster moves. We were like deeply fascinated with that creature. And the taste....how can I describe the taste? Delightfully delicious! It helps when I have a mom that is a great cook as well.

Even though I have an allergy to seafood, I just do not care. How can you ignore good food? There are plenty of medicines for allergy out there, so eat your lobster and take your medicine.

Now that I’m all grown up and have a family of my own, I will take my family for our own dose of lobster at Parkroyal Hotel. Every Saturday there is a seafood buffet. But (there is always a but..) lobsters served there are not large. Typically, they are medium or small in size. But since it is a buffet, to compensate for the size, I will eat in large portions. I paid for it right? But, honestly, I did get a bit embarrassed because I made multiple trips to the lobster serving station.

So, when my friends invited me to go to Joe’s Crab Shack for dinner while we were in Austin Texas, my answer was a straight YES. Let’s go!


 

Joe’s Crab Shack that we went to was located near Round Rock. Click here if you need to know the location. The restaurant was neat and clean. The ambience was good. Waiters and waitresses were very nice to us, greeting all of us with smiles. And it was rare to see a great white hanging from the ceiling of a restaurant.


There were a lot of choices. I’d tried Lobster Daddy feast with fire-grilled flavour once. The spices used for that flavour taste a bit funky. Not to my liking, though. So when I went there on my second trip, I had the same Lobster Daddy Feast but with garlic herb flavour instead. That one was delicious! I have to say thank you to the waitress (her name was Laura) that recommended me that flavour on that day.


Just look at that.Tempting huh? One bucketful of crab and lobster. And those crabs and lobsters were HUGE! No kidding. There was corn and 2 small potatoes underneath the crabs and lobsters.


Make sure you are well "protected" while eating. Wear your apron. Is that right? Is it really called apron? Someone, please enlighten me. The business of eating crabs and lobsters can get really messy. Not a good place to go for a first date! So, beware!


Deep in thought.......hmmmm...which dish to order?


A picture worth a thousand words....
 

The mess we left.....once again, this might not be a suitable place for a first date! Unless if you want to check out how messy your future partner can be :).


 


Lastly, a group picture. All smiling and happy faces.


There you go. I managed to get my dose of lobster over there in Austin. If, I have the chance to go to Austin again, that will be one place that I will definitely go back to.

So, thank you for stopping by this blog!!
I manage to finish this post after all....hahahaahahh.....

PEACE, LOVE AND CRABS


Comments

  1. My favourite restaurant in Austin! nice shot Raziff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah, kalau tak letak induksi tu tak sangka entry ni dibuat dan siap lepas hari keempat... seronok je baca ayat2nya...

    mujur I ni tak makan sangat seafood....(haha, padahal ada sebab)..kalau tidak, mmg boleh cadangkan nak pegi cari jua makanan yang selebih kurang dengannya....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak ada idea nak tulis...isinya ada tapi tak keluar ayat...Tu yang jadi berhari-hari tu..

      Delete

Post a Comment