Teh Tarik at Feng Chia Night Market in Taichung, Taiwan

Assalamualaikum,

During my visit to Taichung in Taiwan (back in November 2017), I had a chance to visit their famous Feng Chia Night Market. The night market was close to Feng Chia University, and stretched predominantly along Wenhua Road and Fengjia Road. There were lots of vendors selling goods, foods, and tonnes of other stuff. I went there after spending some time having dinner at the delightful Anatolia Turkish Restaurant. The distance between those two places was just around 4 kilometers.

What caught my eyes during the visit to Feng Chia Night Market was this small stall selling Teh Tarik. Teh Tarik is a famous staple drink in Malaysia, and being Malaysian, I was quite surprised to see Teh Tarik being sold on that street in Taiwan. It was quite a pleasant surprise. I was told by my colleague that there were a few Malaysian students currently studying at Feng Chia University. Maybe they were the ones that introduced Teh Tarik there. I did not try the Teh Tarik since I was still full from having that great dinner at Anatolia Turkish Restaurant. Come to think of it, I regret for not trying. Who knows when will I get the chance to visit Taiwan again. I should at that time at least try how the Taiwan Teh Tarik taste like. Oh well...



Below are some pics taken by me at Feng Chia Night Market. Not many to share since I was busy checking out items sold there. What I can say that the streets were bustling with people. It was a nice atmosphere, full of colors and nice smells emanating from all of the foods.





That's it for today. A short post of a memorable night. Wish I can be there again.

That's all folks. Bye bye...

Comments