Wembley Cafe at St Giles Hotel

Assalamualaikum,

I was invited by the company to attend a buffet lunch recently. The lunch was held at Wembley Cafe, housed within St Giles Hotel. It is a hotel located along Jalan Magazine on Penang Island. Traffic can be a headache en route to the hotel. Narrow streets and high volume of cars contributed to the higher than normal flow of traffic. Therefore, plan your trip well. I'm not planning to write a lot for today. I hope that the pictures will help do  most of the talking on my behalf. So here goes..

Overall, the layout and ambience of Wembley Cafe was warm and pleasant. The place itself was clean and well maintained. Deco was nice, accentuate by wood ceiling, wood wall panelling and wood upholstery.


I was personally attracted to the pendant lights. The way the lights were hanged and the sheer amount of it was astounding. I believe it will a be a signature character of Wembley Cafe.




There were many types of foods on offer. I try to snap as many pictures as possible, without embarassing myself in the process. But, the pictures on show here are not extensive, there are more foods on offer than what I managed to capture.






Those who love sushi and raw foods, you'll be please with what on offer. A lot of choices to satisfy your taste buds.





For the inner child inside each one of us.



How was the food at Wembley Cafe? For RM68 per head, I believe that there are other options that significantly better. In term of hotel food in and around Penang, my favourite is still Parkroyal. But hey, what I like might not hold any weight in comparison to the other person. Each one of us has our own individual preferences. You have to make up your own mind...

Comments