My new year resolution....set in May....

Assalamualaikum,


I have a problem. A BIG problem....

I love cars. When my heart got hooked on a car, 90% of the time that car will end up on my car porch. Welllll....not 90%, it was more like 100% of the time that car will end up to be mine. In the last 15 years, I owned 5 different cars. I was essentially switching cars every 3 years. 

The problem with all this is the money I spent to own those man made beautiful creatures. When I graduated from Uni, I made a conscious pledge to myself not to buy a car priced more than RM100,000. I know even at that age, that bulk of my money should go to savings and investments and not spending my hard earned money on cars. But, all those self control melted when I see a gorgeous, features packed cars.

Now, this habit of changing car every 3 years need to stop. I need to save more money for the future and diversify my investment. I need to reduce my monthly commitments.

So today, I'm making a pledge to myself that I will not buy another car priced more than RM100,000. It will be hard to search around for a car with good safety features, reliable and the necessary killer curves at that price. But, I'll bet there will be one that will tickle my fancy.

I will also have to say goodbye to my Kia Optima K5 (my Tumbler). I just need to reduce my monthly commitments, and top up more on my investments and savings. I prefer to have my money used on a brand new house rather than a car. It will be hard to part with my K5, the best car I have driven so far in the last 15 years. But sometime you have to make that jump. There is no point to be sentimental about it. Common sense should prevail.

I have to accept the short term loss, and push for the long term gain. Pushing for a better future.....

Comments

  1. Nk jual k5? Jadi tukar kereta apa pulak nanti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kereta yg harganya kurang dari RM100k.... :)

      Delete
  2. Assalam ajip,
    belanja ikut poket
    hokeyh la tu kan3 :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment